The Nigerian Oscars Selection Committee (NOSC) has been saddled with the responsibility of selecting a film for consideration for the foreign language film award at the Oscars. The committee was approved by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, ahead of the 2015 Academy Awards.
Those chosen to be in the committee are :
1) Chairperson – Chineze Anyaene – Producer/Director
Ramsey Nouah – Actor
2) Charles Novia – Writer/Producer/Director
3) Ngozi Okafor – Line Producer/Producer
4) Emeka Mba – Director General of the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC)
5) Chioma Ude – Executive Director of African International Film Festival (AFRIFF)
6) Akin Salami – Executive Producer/Distributor & Content Developer
7) Kene Mkparu – MD/CEO, Filmhouse Cinemas Nigeria
8) Mildred Okwo – Producer/Director
9) Biola Alabi – Managing Director, M-Net Africa
10) Olumide Amure – Managing Director of Bloomberg Television Africa Limited
11) Shaibu Husseini – Culture/Film Journalist/Film Critic
12) Ramsey Nouah- Actor
These members will consider entries based on these criteria; story, direction, acting, cinematography, sound, music and universal theme.The Nollywood movie selected annually will compete with movies from 85 countries for the coveted Best Foreign Language Film Award, which will then be shortlisted to five.